Search Here

Custom Search

Friday, June 17, 2011

UTME starts tomorrow as 80% candidate to resit next year! - JAMB

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, yesterday, said there was no change indate for the conduct of its 2011 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, examination slated for  tomorrow across the country and in six foreign countries. A total of 1, 493, 603 candidates who registered for the 2011 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, willsit for the examination. Spokesperson of JAMB, Mr. Timothy Oyedeji, who stated this while reacting to reports that tomorrow’s examination coincided with the Nigerian Army recruitment examination, said the Board was not aware of any examination being conduct by the Army same day. Oyedeji said: “JAMB is not changing the date of its examination because of the Army’s recruitment examination; Army examination is not a regular or scheduled examination. “JAMB is not aware  of any Army examination and, therefore, we are going ahead to conduct the examinations for our candidates on Saturday, June 18, 2011.”According to him, JAMB as a responsible public exam body has positively responded tonational calls by shifting UTME for the last general elections and NECO examination cannot afford to shift the date of the exam again. Meanwhile, there are about 117 universities in the country owned by federal, states and private entities, mainly churches and individuals, spread across the country.
Due to acute shortage of spaces, only about 20 per cent of qualified candidates can be offered admission, leaving the remaining 80 per cent to wait for the next entrance examination.
Introduces biometric verification For the first time, JAMB is introducing the biometric system of registration of candidates in order to checkmate impersonation and other malpractices associated with the examination in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly Drop your comments to know how you feel, Thanks