Search Here

Custom Search

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Miracle!!! Girl wakes up in Mortuary 2 days after death

Miracles are still happening! Twenty-one-
year-old Adora Ugwu is planning to be a
soldier. She also wants to secure admission
into one of the country's tertiary institutions.
She had put her hands on the plough of her
latter dream by writing the last UMTE.
But, as she was going for the other one, she
died. Two days after the lady wrote the
examination, she was heading for her home
state of Enugu for the recruitment into the
Nigerian Army when the vehicle she was
travelling had a head-on collision with a
similar minibus.
The result: her death and that of 25 others
who included four discharged members of
batch B National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
Twenty of them including Adora reportedly
died on the spot in headon collision involving
two 15 passengers' capacity buses, each,
belonging separately to Peace Mass Transit
Limited and the Enugu State Transport
Company (ENTRACO). The buses had
registration number BENUE – XB 504 TKP,
ENUGU – XL 812 UWN respectively.
The ghastly crash occurred along Enugu-
Markudi express road, at Amoka in Udi,
Enugu State on June 20th. Immediately after
the crash which was promptly reported to the
Enugu State Command of the Federal Road
Safety Corps (FRSC) by its Delta State Sector
Commander Lukas Ikpi who met the accident
while travelling on the road, the dead
including Adora were evacuated to Our
Saviour Hospital morgue at 9th mile. But she
was not meant to stay among the dead for
Two days after she had been confined to the
mortuary. The parents had wept and
mourned, most of them especially the mother
was devastated, but the dead must be
buried. And this was what Adora's relative
intended doing: bury her two day-old corpse.
At the morgue, the attendants were putting in
place all the deeds of mortification when
suddenly there was a sound; a sneeze, it
was. They looked around, then another one!
Behold, the body being prepared for claim by
the relatives had just sneezed.
The dead don't sneeze, they reasoned.
Adora, whose body was being prepared, is
not dead after all. When Saturday Mirror
asked her what she felt on her first realization
of consciousness, she said: "I thought we were
all sleeping. When I asked people around
where I was, she said they said I had an
"I cannot remember anything that happened
when I was at the mortuary." When Adora
was discovered to be alive, her relative who
had come to identify her was immediately
called phoned the others from the morgue.
Tears turned to felicitation. From the morgue
she was later transferred to the Federal
Orthopaedic Hospital in Enugu where is
currently receiving treatment and spoke with
Saturday Mirror.
Adora, told Saturday Mirror that she hails
from Enugu state. She said she attended a
secondary school in North-Bank Markudi,
Benue State adding that she was in Benue to
take her JAMB after which she was travelling
down to Enugu for army recruitment when the
accident occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly Drop your comments to know how you feel, Thanks